Friends of the Heritage Library Mission
- Focus public attention on library services and needs.
- Stimulate the use of library resources and programs.
- Support the library through fundraising, volunteerism, recommending and developing library services for the community
How I Can Get Involved
The Friends of the Heritage Library host community events and programs through out the year to raise awareness and raise money to help support the library efforts. If you are interested in volunteering or becoming a member, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Book Sale: Plan sale, sort books prior to sale, set-up and staff event, dismantle and box remaining books for charity.
- One Book/One Lakeville: Participate in book selection, work with community leaders and organizations on fundraising and buplicity, and plan, publicize and volunteer at events.
- Library Events: Assist libraians during special Heritage Library events by greeting guest, assisting with refreshments and assisting following the event.
- Community Events: Participate in community events through the Lakeville Area Arts Center, Lakeville School District and the City of Lakeville.
- Memory Care: Join Library staff and volunteers presenting special topics and crafts at Highview Hills.
- Heritage Helpers: Assist the Heritage Library staff with behind the scene activities.
- Home Delivery: Deliver library material to homebound residents in Lakeville.
- Friends’ Officer or Board Member: Approve the activities and events supported by the Friends and approve distribution of Friends' funds.
- Membership: Help coordinate and communicate with volunteers.
- Communications: Help with email, newsletter and web content. Assist with publicity for Library and Friends events
Follow us on social media
Download Brochure for more information and membership application.